Introducing Vlieseline ECO 150, the first 100% biodegradable voluminous wadding with high insulation performance. Made from renewable resources, 100% Lyocell which is sourced from Eucalyptus trees. This innovative new product biodegrades without leaving any micro plastic contamination in the environment, making it the responsible choice when considering the future of our planet as well as providing excellent quality and performance.
ECO150 can be used with most fabrics and is suitable for garments, patchwork and quilting as well as a whole range of crafting applications. This light, voluminous sew-in wadding has a soft handle and high migration resistance due to its anti-static qualities. It is extremely comfortable in garments and quilts as it is `breathable‘ with up to 45% moisture absorption. It can be hand or machine sewn and quilters should use a spacing of 15-20 cm. Washable to 40°, it can be pressed using a cool iron. It is 155 cm wide and available in white.
Last week I received a sample of Vlieseline Eco150 wadding – its incredibly soft and cosy AND 100% bio-biodegradable. So soft in fact, that a photo alone wasn’t enough, so I made this short video.
- Made from renewable, fast growing resources (Eucalyptus trees), requiring far less water than any other fibre made out of natural polymers.
- Water used in the manufacturing process is 100% recycled
- Chemicals used in the production process are almost completely recycled (99%) and are not present in the fibres
- Completely biodegradable in natural conditions and soil within 57 days
- Leaves no impact on the environment after biodegrading
- Water repellent and odour resistant.
- Soft handle due to the characteristic of the fiber
- Excellent comfort in garment application
- High resistance to fiber migration due to anti-static properties and spray binding technology
Important note: After 3 wash cycles there can be a 20% higher loss of volume when compared with polyester waddings.
Tilda have also just released their scrap bundles, and I couldn’t resist teaming these up together, along with some Tilda cream solid.
These scrap bundles are from ALL the Tilda collections
I would love to know if you have used this wadding before…